Saturday, January 1, 2011

A New Year

My family does not celebrate the holidays so even though there have been tons of "Merry Christmas!" and "Happy New Year" 's on Twitter and Facebook, I can't say that I share their excitement. My friends and I also had a mutual agreement that we wouldn't get each other anything for Christmas this year so my winter break so far has been just that - break. (Yes, I am feeling super guilty for putting off my homework until the last minute but I really needed a break!) So as both my break and 2010 is coming to a close (sadly), I wonder what will happen to me in 2011. All I know is that a lot of things are going to change. I don't want to freak myself out and worry about events that have yet to happen so I'm trying not to think about it too much.

Looking back on 2010, the first thing that comes to mind does not involve my family, friends, school, or anything that has happened to me this past year. The first thing that comes to mind when I think of 2010 is the 10th anniversary of Bleach. It has been such an amazing year for the series - so many goodies / events went on in Japan in celebration of its 10th year. I hope 2011 is just as good for Bleach as this year was. Even though I live no where near Japan, it just brings a smile to my face when I read / hear of all the amazing stuff that was released in honor of the 10 years Bleach has been around. It's too bad that it'd cost a fortune for me to get my hands on some of these products but I did get one thing - I gave in and bought myself the Bleach 10th anniversary 2011 calendar! I proudly hung it on my wall and now that 2011 is here, I can "officially" use it.



Bleach began it serialization in Weekly Shonen Jump back in 2001 - 10 years ago. I actually did not begin the series until the summer of 2006 so I've only been a fan for four years. Even so, Bleach made these past four years of my life more bearable. I think I can safety say that in my group of friends, I'm the Bleach fanatic. Emotions run high and crazy in high school - I don't recall many great / fun experiences. During these low points and bad days, Bleach made me laugh and forget everything else. Even if this time can last as short as five minutes when I'm reading the new chapter every Wednesday, it still relieves enough stress for me to force myself out of bed the next morning to go to school.

Some people do think I'm strange because of my Bleach obsession but I guess that's just something they have to deal with .. and if they can't, it's their problem, not mine. I say this because I have found random people on You Tube as well as a community on bleachasylum.com that share the same interest. Reading what they have to say about the series and their thoughts remind me that I'm not odd or weird. I just happen to love something that not of people I know like.

But anyways, enough about Bleach (for now haha), I haven't talked about my New Years resolution yet! (Fireworks are going off in my neighborhood because it's exactly 12:00 AM as I'm typing this right now.) They say that today is the day to make a wish because it's a very special date (1/1/11), but I don't have any wishes nor any resolutions. This is mostly because I usually forget about them a week later. If I had to make a resolution though, I guess I'd tell myself to stop caring about what other people think. I've been trying to do so for a while now but unconsciously, in the back of mind, there is always that part of me that's scared of what other people will say about me. There's always that pressure and I'd like for that to go away. I know it won't disappear forever but I'm hoping that I don't experience it as frequently in these years to come. Well, it's getting late and I need to shower so I can go to bed (waking up early tomorrow to do some shopping! yay!). Hope 2011 is another amazing year for Bleach! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment